Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day Six

Last night and today I took it a bit easier and only expressed every 3 hours on average and didn't use the SNS until this afternoon.

It was a good decision because I got some ok sleep which seems to have helped my milk supply a touch.

Mike also made me up some more lactation cookies which is awesome and I bought some fenugreek tea which is yummy.

I've ordered some Goat's Rue from a herbalist which should be here in a few days and sounds great. A friend is also sending me some fenugreek and blessed thistle capsules which I'm looking forward to taking as I've heard they're best used in combination.

Yesterday Cammy spent almost an hour at the breast all up which I think is so beautiful. Today he's been breastfeeding for comfort more than anything which I love.

I left the SNS at my sisters so tonight I'll be pumping 2.5 hourly and will use the SNS as much as possible tomorrow.

I'm hoping to slowly stop the use of bottles over the next week. I'm just aiming to do it one bottle at a time. It's hard because he's used to it and so am I!

Every moment that it feels too hard I just think about our breastfeeding relationship and how amazing it is going to be. Today my bubby is one month old and that is so early in the scheme of things. I'm setting myself up for an easier future.

I don't just want to breast-feed my son; I want to breast-nurture him.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
If you have found this relactation blog as a result of currently relactating or considering relactation; I hope this serves as inspiration for you and hope

Don't hesitate to contact me (racheous [at] live .com.au)

You can see how we are doing now at Racheous 

No comments:

Post a Comment