Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Day 10

I hired a double electric pump yesterday night because hand expressing was doing my head in. Now I have a great routine and feel so confident!

I'm expressing every 1.5 hours and getting around 25 mLs each time (over night I only expressed every 3.5 hours... my alarm didn't go off again!) which means around 400 mLs in a 24 hour period! That's about half of what Cameron is drinking!

So now every 2nd or third feed is my EBM. You can only imagine how great that makes me feel! Now that I feel confident that my supply is increasing I am going to focus on feeding him only at the breast (as much as possible alone then with the SNS and I'll continue pumping every 1.5 hours)

It was awesome talking to one of the BF counsellors from the ABA (who I hired the pump off) - I felt so empowered. I really feel like I'm getting somewhere now. It's day 10 and I've gone from drops to half of what he needs!

This morning when it had been 3.5 hours between pumping I got 70 mL! Sometimes that is all he has at a feed!

My hubby made more lactation cookies (man, I'm putting on weight eating these things! LOL) and I'm still waiting on the Goat's Rue.

I'm so happy right now.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
If you have found this relactation blog as a result of currently relactating or considering relactation; I hope this serves as inspiration for you and hope

Don't hesitate to contact me (racheous [at] live .com.au)

You can see how we are doing now at Racheous 

1 comment:

  1. You'll be feeding him in no time!! You are working towards a really special gift for both you and your son :)

    ReplyDelete